Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: My Altec A7

  1. #21
    Hostboard Member theebadone's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2009
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    very nice A-7s. I didnt know heathkit offered the A-7 in kit form. I knew they offered the valencias in kit form, and are highly regarded here. The heaths seem to have better cabinet bracing and better crossovers than their factory counterparts. :welcome:

  2. #22
    Inactive Member wayned's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2010
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Quote Originally Posted by theebadone View Post
    very nice A-7s. I didnt know heathkit offered the A-7 in kit form. I knew they offered the valencias in kit form, and are highly regarded here. The heaths seem to have better cabinet bracing and better crossovers than their factory counterparts. :welcome:
    Hi

    The Haethkit did not offer the A-7 in kit form. I just use the units( brand with heathkit), the Altec crossover and the 828 cabinet, DIY myself. I know these units used with the HEATHKIT AS-101. I think these speaker units were same quality as the ALTEC.

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Hi Wayned. I have used many types and brands on the A5 and a few on the A7.

    At the moment I just use ordinary speaker wire that comes on spools. Or I use power cord with the ends cut off. Must of the Altec users here are not fans of exotic cables.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member wayned's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2010
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Panomaniac View Post
    Hi Wayned. I have used many types and brands on the A5 and a few on the A7.

    At the moment I just use ordinary speaker wire that comes on spools. Or I use power cord with the ends cut off. Must of the Altec users here are not fans of exotic cables.
    I see. So am I.

    I use the antique Siemens, Neumann, Klangfilm cables for my system, include power cable, speaker cable, interconnect cable.

    But I want to know which cable used by ALTEC in the theater, studio at 50s or 60s years?:thankU:

  5. #25
    Senior Hostboard Member AltecLansingFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Quote Originally Posted by wayned View Post
    I see. So am I.

    I use the antique Siemens, Neumann, Klangfilm cables for my system, include power cable, speaker cable, interconnect cable.

    But I want to know which cable used by ALTEC in the theater, studio at 50s or 60s years?:thankU:

    Hello Wayned,
    Something about the cables; They are very important for the sound, every cable sounds different. You can have a nice and expansive setup, but if you use the wrong cables, the system still can be BAD. It is NOT always the case, that expansive cables will sound best.
    For power cables it is important: They must be NOT too thin, and they must be SCHIELDED! Because, behind your setup there are several power cables, from amp, preamp, cd transport, DAC, turntable etc. So EMI/RFI shielding is very important.

    For my Altec system I use everywhere (speaker cables and interconnects) Cryogenically treated copper cables.
    If you want to know more about these cables, I know an address in France, where you can buy them, the same is these Chimera Labs Product Reviews - CCC Wire. only much cheaper.


    Evert
    (the Netherlands)

  6. #26
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    AltecLansingFan,

    Are you pulling my leg or are you serious?
    I hope you are kidding.

    Marshall.

  7. #27
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    If audio industry best practice in terms of connectors does not work for you, your gear probably is suss.

    Of course HiEnd has become esotoric, almost mystical if not hysterical.

  8. #28
    Senior Hostboard Member AltecLansingFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking Re: My Altec A7

    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    AltecLansingFan,

    Are you pulling my leg or are you serious?
    I hope you are kidding.

    Marshall, Dip.Ing. E


    I'm serious, sorry.
    But for some people it is very wise, not to listen to there system, but just set down a technical information book in the living-room, and listen to that, sometimes and for some people books will sound much better than audio-systems.

  9. #29
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    There are those who BELIEVE in seances, the Ouija board and other mystical events. The onus of PROOF is on the claimants!

  10. #30
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Please - let's not start a another cable thread / cable war. There are enough of those on other forums.

    Some folks like fancy cables, some don't. Most of the users here don't.
    Can we leave it at that, please?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.